Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Idol

American Idol has produced many stars, and in the same respect, many crappy singers, in its years of existence. Up until this year I was one of those people who was like "yea, i watch the bad singers the first four episodes, then don't watch it again". But now, I have been transformed. I love telling Phil Stacey he was "pitchy" and critiquing his performance along with everyone in my family. I also love hearing Paula slurring her words while everyone debates whats actually in her coca-cola cup. I have come to realize that the reasons everyone enjoys American Idol are numerous. The purpose of this blog is to list a few of the highlights.

1. America feels in control, powerful, and they can express their opinion every week
2. Simon says what everyone is really thinking but won't say because they have a soul
3. Chris Sligh
4. The results constantly make for an easy icebreaker
5. The fact that a 17 year old (Jordin Sparks) can be the front runner for the competition (scratch that, I just watched her sing Living on a Prayer)
6. It is great for the family

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

a true fan

Allison said...

You're so behind the times, Hayden...Idol's out...

(who talks like that?)