Sunday, April 29, 2007

John Mayer is so awkward

One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue

And if you want love
We'll make it
Swim in a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be awhile

Your body is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)
Your body is a wonderland

Something 'bout the way the hair falls in your face
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase
You tell me where to go and
Though I might leave to find it
I'll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it

1). Dumbest song ever
2). Dumbest extended candy metaphor ever
3). I totally paid 130 dollars for legit tickets to see him and Ben Folds at the Hollywood Bowl

5 comments:

David T. Ulrich said...

yeah - i've always found this song very strange too... like, i know he is trying to express his love and stuff, but if i was his girlfriend or whoever he is singing about - i would be so imbarresed to have him singing this to thousands of people.

tres-akward.

ali said...

i have reason to believe that you ADORE this song.
1. you have been singing it for two days.
2. you posted a blog about it 24 hours after you brought it up, therefore you have been thinking about it.
3. you paid $131 (you forgot that one dollar) for a ticket to see this song LIVE.

so, mr. i-hate-this-song-that-i-cant-stop-thinking-about,
you can go to the concert alone if you can't stand it that much ;)


<3

Allison said...

On a scale from 1 to 10, I'm about a 32 of jealousy that you have tickets and I, in fact, do not.

I would imagine that if he sang this song to a girl, she would be stoked.

Although she'd probably have to close her eyes while he sang it, since his singing faces are weirder than the lyrics to this song.

Luke St.Hilaire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luke St.Hilaire said...

dude

mute math tickets -- $24

i hope you have really good seats

i hope john mayer does a handstand on something

i hope the drummer throws a floor tom at his kit

i hope the drummer duct tapes headphones to his head

i hope john mayer plays a keytar